Triumph Power and Gas Systems Limited is an energy service company whose range of services cut across diverse areas of power, oil & gas and the industrial sector. Our head office is in Lagos, Nigeria and we have alliances with Original Equipment Manufacturers globally. We employ an innovative approach to our operations, to deliver value creating solutions to our customer’s business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Specialist (Mechanical)
- We are actively searching for a Field Service Specialist (Mechanical) experienced with servicing various types of rotating equipment to provide the following services: installation, commissioning, start-up, system troubleshooting, vibration analysis, testing, field repairs and training.
- He/she will be in charge of site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under minimal supervision, serve as lead to assigned customers; complete troubleshooting, on-site inspections, installation, start-up, commissioning, validation, maintenance, and service repair needs on designated rotating equipment’s.
- Repair, maintain, and install OEM partner product line (s)
- May assist and/or train newer Field Engineers
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with our customers by acting as a trusted advisor and resource during on site activities.
- Responsible for the development of preventative maintenance schedules and procedures
- Complete formal technical field reports, time sheets, JSAs & expense reports for each field assignment
- Supervise/coordinate sub-contractors and customer personnel as required
- Provide daily communication to the Operations Manager on any issues that arise on site.
- Report potential business opportunities to the Operations Manager
- Maintain compliance with all established Environmental, Safety & Health policies and procedures; conduct on-site safety meetings as required by the Customer and TPG.
- Other duties as assigned
Job & Man Specifications (Education/Knowledge, Skills, Attributes, Experience & Other Required Details)
Education & Experience:
- OND/HND or First degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering fields
- Related OEM certifications (e.g. GE, Siemens, CAT, Ariel Compressor)
- Relevant professional memberships/certification from a recognized body (NSE, COREN etc)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in oil & gas and power sector
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a field operation and technical maintenance role
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required
- Strong computer skills including use of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Experience collaborating with internal team members and external customers.
- Engineering & Operations
- Asset Management
- Project Management including time management, job forecasting & scheduling
- Business Development
- Safety and Quality Management
- Vendor Management
Skills / Physical Competencies:
- Diversity management
- Good communication skills including report writing skills
- Ability to travel and provide service in assigned geography, as well as periodic travel to other regions
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills – ability to cross-train others
- Leadership & Management skills
- Integrity and Fairness
- Consistent and Resilient
- Independent and Adaptable
- Emotional Intelligence
Quality / Technical Competencies:
- Competence in different compressor packages – OEM Certification is an advantage
- Competence level in different gas engine packages – OEM Certification is an advantage
- Competence level in gas turbine – OEM certification is an advantage
- Competence level in pumps – OEM certification is an advantage
- Competence in rotating equipment course
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online