Our client is an international private school in Abuja. The school offers a unique learning environment fostering young minds to proffer solutions to problems, train pupils with an inquisitive mind and a desire for knowledge, thereby raising disciplined and transparent future leaders.
Job Location: FCT, Abuja.
- The job holder is responsible for providing learning activities appropriate to the age of the students in order to develop an interest in creating expression in visual terms, using skills and techniques of artistic expression.
- Teach knowledge and skills in art, including drawing, painting, lettering, and art history.
- Plan and prepare a program of study to meet the needs and interests of the students.
- Develop students’ drawing, coloring, and painting techniques.
- Demonstrate and assist students to use different techniques and media to develop art works aligned to their age grades and abilities.
- Responsible for developing artistic understandings and appreciations; discover and develop talents of students in the field of art.
- Encourage students to express their own personalities and thoughts through the creative process.
- Organize storage areas and control use of materials, equipment and tools to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection.
- Evaluate each student™s performance and growth in knowledge and artistic understandings, and prepare progress reports.
- Plan and present art displays to exhibit students™ art works during open days to parents/ Parents Teachers Meetings.
- Communicate with parents and school administrators on pupil progress.
- Responsible for sourcing art supplies, preparing lessons, and providing developmentally-appropriate instruction on art techniques.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is age-appropriate.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Administration.
- NCE/ Bachelors degree in Fine Arts or equivalent in education or related field.
- Prior 4-5 years of Fine Arts teaching experience in standard and structured schools.
- Solid working knowledge of the concepts, activities and techniques related to teaching Art.
- Experience of both Nigeria/British curriculum is a MUST.
- Flexibility and high adaptation skills to work successfully in an unpredictable school setting.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for interaction with students, staff and parents.
- Ability to plan and solve problems skills encountered by the student in the cause of their practicals.
- Ability to inspire and motivate young children.
- Positive energy, resourcefulness, and patience.
- Ability to work independently with children.
- Good sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective while communicating effectively with children.
Salary Very attractive
How to Apply
Qualified applicants with the required experience should forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using ˜VISTAF™ as subject of mails before 12th December, 2019. Only candidates who meet the qualifications listed above will be contacted for interviews.